- National Science Foundation, SBE Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Broadening Diversity Track (2019-2020)
- Brent K. Marshall Paper Award, Environment and Technology Division, Society for the Study of Social Problems (2017)
- For paper "Elites, Embeddedness, and Environmental Inequality: Examining the Growth in Farmland Acquisition in Brazilian Sugarcane"
- Student Paper Award, Sociology of Agriculture and Food Research Interest Group, Rural Sociological Society (2017)
- For paper "Racialized Nature: Uneven Environmental Justice in the Brazilian Sugarcane Industry"
- John H. Kolb Award for Outstanding Research in Community and Environmental Sociology, University of Wisconsin-Madison (2017)
- Rural Sociological Society Diversity Scholarship (2015 & 2017)
- Wisconsin-Mellon Dissertation Fellowship (2016)
- Fulbright IIE Fellowship (2015, Brazil)
- Foreign Language & Area Studies Fellowship (2011 & 2014, Portuguese)
- Advanced Opportunity Fellowship (2010-2017)
Sugarcane trailers in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil
Sugarcane farmland in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil
A mechanical harvester on a sugar-ethanol mill in the state of São Paulo, Brazil